Please note that all photos are the property of the blog owner, and are copy righted. If you'd like to use any of the images, please email me and I'll probably let you have it for free, but no stealing, please. ;)

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Bees

I looked for Scriptures on bees to go along with this post, but didn't find many.  I wonder why.

The Promised Land was also called a land flowing with milk and honey (and there are lots of references to honey).  And bees make honey, they are very busy.  But God's people are told to look to the ant, a creature I detest.  They over-run my kitchen counters on a regular basis, looking for water or food, depending on who knows what trigger.  Ugh.


In the mock orange.

But we're talking about bees.  They're very busy, flying here and there, pollinating plants and making honey.

Oxallis
 

I'm glad there are bees in our yard, the garden and flowers need them.  A large hive on property behind us was destroyed last summer when the property was prepared for reconstruction of a huge house and back house.  So I'm very glad to see bees in my yard.




We weren't so glad to see this a few summers ago, outside the kids' window, but obviously, nothing could come of it and we didn't really worry about it.




None the less, I'm always glad to see bees.  And I still wonder why they barely receive a mention in Scripture.

2 comments:

  1. I love your photos, Tanya! And I never thought about not seeing bees mentioned much in scripture... now I am wondering why along with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you enjoy them, Alida. It's really a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

Play nice, please.