Please note that all photos are the property of the blog owner, and are copy righted. If you'd like to use any of the images, please email me and I'll probably let you have it for free, but no stealing, please. ;)

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Bird of Paradise

Love 'em or hate 'em, most people have an opinion on them.  Some find them lovely and exotic.  Others think they're creepy. 

Personally, I think they're exotic, and pretty.  But I find them a royal pain as a part of the landscaping.  They're somewhat aggressive reproducers, and difficult to keep in check.






They do make stunning cut flowers, and last a long time in a vase.  My daughter cut these yesterday, and they'll be around for about a week.

2 comments:

  1. I love them... I think they are exotic too! We had a huge one in our backyard when we lived in CA.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Having never seen these before I think they are simply gorgeous. However, I know how invasive some plants are so I hear you!

    ReplyDelete

Play nice, please.