Please note that all photos are the property of the blog owner, and are copy righted. If you'd like to use any of the images, please email me and I'll probably let you have it for free, but no stealing, please. ;)

Monday, June 13, 2011

Yoke

Jesus said in Matthew 11, verses 28 - 30 (NASB):

“Come to Me, all who are weary and heavy-laden, and I will give you rest. Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.”


 
As I understand it, a yoke represents work that is well-fitted to you, work that God has gifted you to do through the Holy Spirit.  And it brings rest because we are doing that for which we are made, and it's easy and refreshing.

In my life, I've had different seasons in which different giftings have come to the fore, as they were needed.  There were times when hospitality was needed, and other times when teaching was called upon, and other times of prayer, intercession, and healing. 

It's satisfying to look back and see this pattern in my life of how God has gifted me and used those gifts for His glory.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, please.