Please note that all photos are the property of the blog owner, and are copy righted. If you'd like to use any of the images, please email me and I'll probably let you have it for free, but no stealing, please. ;)

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Lilies of the Field

Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
 Matthew 6:28-29 (NKJV)

Jesus spoke these words in the context of telling us to not worry, because God cares for us much more than lilies.  And lilies are beautiful.  Let us consider a few.

The colors drew me to this one.

Notice the detail that goes into each, and no two are exactly alike.

Cheerful yellow


Easter lilies from church

These colors practically glow

Day lily from our yard, a little battered, but still lovely

 
The lilies of the field

God takes care of the flowers of the field and the birds of the air.  How much MORE will He take care of me and my family. 

Promises to hang onto in these uncertain times.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Play nice, please.